Lydia Ko is in the lead at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic
Lydia Ko beat Stacy Lewis at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic, last year. While Ko is heading towards hers 7th LPGA victory in her career, she leads by one shot after the 1st round at the same event where she was successful last year. Lydia Ko will turn 18 today! During the season in 2015, she was at the top with 7 top-10s in the first 8 starts. Although, she was very happy because of 6 birdies and one bogey on Thursday, she is happier because she will have time for morning tee and birthday dinner with her friends. Ko had a very good start, but there are several days more, so, she must keep trying.
Juli Inkster a 54-year-old golfer is tied with Ha Na Jang and P.K. Kongkraphan at 4-under 68. Lewis announced that they two should take a picture together. According to Lewis, Inkster is a very good player. She has everything that is needed in order to play well and win. Lewis managed 3-under 69 and an amazing hole-out on the 11th hole. Because of this, personal success, Lewis said that she made a very good golf swing and she is very happy.
If you are a golf fan, there are some numbers you should know.
- 7 amateurs on the field are the most than at any other event this year.
- Last year Lydia Ko finished at 12 under.
- Inbee Park, Stacy Lewis and Lydia Ko have a shot at the end of the week ranked the No.1 player.
- A golfer who hit every fairway is Ha Na Jang.
- There are 17 golfers from Taiwan at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic.